Sunday 19 June 2011

Butterflies and other insects

I went for a walk in the village the other day, down to the field past the school to make the most of the weather. I have often seen deer and woodpeckers in this field so I thought it would be a good place to take a walk.
I took my music with me but I found that the sound of nature was much more peaceful! I took these photos on my phone, so they're not as good as they could be but they're still not bad.
A small, fluffy moth
I'm not sure what sort of insect this is!! There is such a diverse range of insects and many of these can be found amongst the brambles...
Another insect I'm not sure about but it is better camouflaged than the last one.
Walking to town the next day I found a little ladybird on the back of my leg.

During the walk in the field, I didn't see any deer or woodpeckers but I did watch some rabbits up close. I also heard a cuckoo twice but I couldn't find it!! I wouldn't have heard that with my headphones in. Although next time I'll make sure my camera is charged. What a little country girl I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment