Thursday 24 March 2011

Coming to America

Early experimentation using PVA to transfer images. America is a very big place and it's very overwhelming.
Ideas for focusing on American illustration and notes about the different styles present within it. I then made a page messing about with these styles using acrylics, inks, crayons and collage.

Obama - I don't usually trace (hardly ever) but this was just so I had a template to work with so I could try some different illustration techniques. Obama is a rather obvious and easy target to start with before I decide where to go.
A faint pencil drawing that I photocopied, which made it lose a lot of the line quality but it works with the washed out inks.
Using a bolder line this time with a marker pen. I found a quote from Obama and painted it in acrylics.
Obama as America's first red, white and blue president.

No comments:

Post a Comment