Monday 21 March 2011

The Driveway

This has been catching my eyes for days now and I finally got the chance to take a photo of it today. I think it's the colours, layers and the chips and dents. It reminds me of Steven Powers/ESPO from Beautiful Losers, which I may include within my research for the America project.
Our driveway and back garden are full of bits of old cars... We had some mini doors in the back for months. This is leaning against the front of our house and is one that dad has obviously experimented with painting on. It's the kind of thing he jokes about as being 'art'!
Something from the trailer... I'm not sure what it is, perhaps something for oil. I like old metal things with type on!!
Some more rubbish... Some blue fabric rope, an old crook lock and a page from a magazine with some words on.
Red, white and blue!! This car sticker is over 10 years old now. It's starting to wear down but the colours are still really bright and bold!! Long live the original Mini.
A novelty sign for the driveway that's actually quite true, with the exception of VWs and a Rover.
Just for the sake of it, here are our cars!! There's another one in the garage and one behind the Passat. Don't come and steal them. They're collectively worth about a tenner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment